We are the Local Spray Foam Installers in Galt. (866) 406-8647We believe that good insulation installation begins the moment we arrive at your house in Galt. On every job, we follow a Five-step process that ensures your getting the best solution for your specific home in Galt insulation needs. Does your homes insulation suit the local climate? Are there specific areas in your home where you are losing heat and cool air? We have a checklist of these types of things to look for when we come to your home in Galt. We’ll also consult with you so that you'll understand your specific needs – to improving the comfort of your home and saving money on energy bills. When it comes to insulation, there’s is no prefect one-size-fits-all solution for every home in Galt. There are lots of products and insulation installation methods to choose from. Once we’ve assessed the specific needs of your home, we’ll recommend Brands of materials and installation techniques to suit your situation. We will also provide you with an Estimate to insulate home in Galt. With every Galt home insulation project, our crews will follow manufacturer’s specifications, paying special attention to gaps, voids and compression to ensure the job is done right the first time. We’ll provide you with two installation certificates – one for your records, and the other to stay in the attic, near the access, for easy reference if you sell your home.
Call now for a FREE Assessment and Estimate! (866) 406-8647
What's the Best Insulation to Insulate your Home in Galt?Insulating your home isn’t the easiest home project to do. If you’re planning to remodel your home in Galt you should include insulation in your costs. When opening up walls, ceilings, and floors, it’s a great time to insulate your home to get energy savings of up to $1000 per year.
Batt Insulation in Galt and Blanket Insulation in GaltBatt Insulation is the most common type of insulation. Batt Insulation is the most affordable insulation in Galt. It comes in rolls that are sized to fit 2x4 or 2x6 homes in Galt. Great for do-it-yourself projects.
Fiberglass Batts in Galt
- R-value with Fiberglass Batts: 3.0-4.0 per inch (R-13 for a 2-by-4-framed wall).
- Learn about Fiberglass Batts: Standardize widths and thicknesses to fit between studs, joists, and rafters. Paper and foil have stapling flaps that make installation easy. Be-careful it is very itchy to install — you’ll need protective clothing and at least a dust mask is recommended to install Fiberglass Batt rolls. Rolls of fiberglass must be cut to fit spaces although rolls are sized to fit 2x4 or 2x6 . It compresses easily, which causes it to lose insulating properties.
- Environmental issues with Fiberglass Batts: Phenol formaldehyde, linked to cancer, is being phased out as a binder. Labels warning of possible cancer risk from inhaled fibers are being phased out because regulators have concluded the fibers break down quickly in lungs. Recycled content can be up to 60%.
- Best use Fiberglass Batts in: Walls, floors, ceilings.
- Cost for Fiberglass Insulation: An average off 36 cents per sq. ft.
Rockwool Batts and Blankets in Galt
- R-value of Rockwool Insulation: 4-5 per inch (R-15 for a 2-by-4-framed wall).
- Learn about Rockwool Insulation: Rockwool insulation is fire-resistant better then fiberglass insulation. It doesn’t itch and springs into shape against studs, so installation easy to install is staple-free. Not widely available in Galt. Rockwool insulation retains moisture, if allowed to get damp, Rockwool insulation can harbor mold growth unlike other insulation types.
- Environmental issues with Rockwool Insulation: Rockwool insulation is recycled insulation, up to 90%. Contains crystalline silica, which if inhaled over a long term could cause lung disease, including cancer.
- Best use for Rockwool Insulation: Walls, floors, ceilings.
- Cost of Rockwool Insulation: An average off 66 cents per sq. ft.
Loose-Fill Insulation in GaltThis insulation consists of fluffy strands of fiber blown into attics and walls with an insulation machine many local pro's offer this service . It fills nooks and crannies, eliminating cold spots.
Loose-Fill Fiberglass in Galt
- R-value of Loose-Fill Fiberglass Insulation: 2.2–2.7 per inch.
- Learn about Loose-Fill Fiberglass Insulation: Loose-Fill Fiberglass insulation is Lightweight enough for attic insulation application over ½-inch drywall ceilings with framing every 24 inches. Loose-Fill Fiberglass insulation is so fluffy that loose applications may lose up to half their effectiveness at very cold temperatures unless topped by blanket insulation or higher-density loose fill (see cellulose below).
- Environmental issues with Loose-Fill Fiberglass Insulation: Same as for fiberglass batts and blankets, except that formaldehyde isn’t an issue. Up to 60% recycled content.
- Best use for Loose-Fill Fiberglass Insulation: Ceilings.
- Cost of Loose-Fill Fiberglass Insulation: 34 cents per cubic foot.
Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation in Galt
- R-value of Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation: 3.2–3.8 per inch.
- Learn about Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation: Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation is effective at all temperatures and performs better as the air gets colder. Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation is to heavy for attic insulation installations. The ceiling must have at least 5/8-inch drywall or framing every 16 inches. Over time, Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation can settle almost 20%, reducing it's effectiveness.
- Environmental issues with Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation: The Fibers of Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation are too big to lodge in lungs; Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation dust is only a nuisance issue. Cellulose insulation typically is around 86% post-consumer recycled paper, plus 14% fire retardant. That’s usually a borate compound, which also helps deter pests.
- Best use of Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation: Enclosed existing wall or Ceilings, open new wall cavities, unfinished attic floors, other hard to reach places.
- Cost of Loose-Fill Cellulose Insulation: 37 cents per cubic foot.
Spray Foam Insulation in GaltSpray foam insulation costs more than batt insulation rolls, but it has higher R-vlaues than other types of Spray Foam Insulation. Spray Foam Insulation also forms an air barrier which can eliminate some other weatherizing tasks, like caulking. This plastic insulation goes on as a liquid and expands to fill the available space, sealing all gaps and cracks and stopping any air leaks. Local Pro's spray the foam insulation mixture into framing cavities once dry, the excess is cut away, leaving a flat, even surface.
Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation
- R-value of Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: 3.5 to 3.6 per inch.
- Learn about Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation stops movement of air. Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation also allows water vapor to pass through, so a moisture barrier is still needed in some situations. Open Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation requires professional installation.
- Environmental issues with Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation contains a modest amount of petroleum-based or plant-based plastics. Chemicals and VOCs released during application and while curing can cause asthma and other serious health effects, so wait up to three days to re-enter.after Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation.
- Best use for Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Walls, floors, ceilings, attics.
- Cost of Open-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: $1 to $1.80 per sq. ft. (R-13 for a 2-by-4-framed wall).
Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation in Galt
- R-value of Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: 6.0 to 6.5 per inch.
- Learn about Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation stops movement of moisture as well as air. Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation is relatively expensive. Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation requires professional installation.
- Environmental issues with Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation is often called 2-pound foam. Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation uses significantly more materials than open-cell foam. Exposure issues are similar to open-cell spray foam.
- Best use for Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: Walls, floors, ceilings.
- Cost of Closed-Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation: $1.75 to $3 per sq. ft.